Looking for some inspiration on what to do with active kids in Vilnius and tire them out? If so, then look no more! Here are five great activities for kids in Vilnius that we recommend. And the best part? You can join the fun too!
1. BONOBO INDOOR CLIMBING GYM
Indoor rock climbing may not be the most obvious activity for young children, yet nonetheless, it is a safe and highly beneficial pursuit that can help them in every aspect of their lives and I’m so glad we gave it a go.
Actually there are several climbing gyms in Vilnius however the reason we prefer Bonobo is that they are really kids friendly. There are plenty of routes of various difficulty levels including many routes specifically designed for young children. My three year old has a blast each time we go!
BENEFITS OF INDOOR CLIMBING FOR KIDS
Let’s take a look at some of the many ways in which kids can benefit when they partake in this fun and unusual sport:
- Problem-solving skills
- Strength, stamina and flexibility
- Concentration, focus and patience
- Discipline and confidence
Know before you go to Bonobo:
- All equipment is available for rent including kids’ size climbing shoes
- Opening hours: Mon- Fri 14:00 – 22:00/Weekends 12:00 – 20:00.
- Address: Savanoriu ave. 180, Vilnius
- More info: www.bonobo.lt
P.S. There is another bouldering gym that we like (www.vertical.lt) in Vilnius, however it is a better choice if your children have some experience climbing as the routes are more difficult and no routes aimed specifically at children, unlike what you get at Bonobo.
2. SKYPARK VILNIUS
We looove Skypark! I mean who doesn’t love jumping on a massive trampoline to their hearts content in a 1600 m2 area?
It really is an awesome place for kids and adults and in addition to fun, jumping on a trampoline is a great full body workout! Moreover I’d say this was the most fun way to exercise I’ve tried so far!
Know before you go to Skypark:
- There are lockers where you can leave your belongings for a 2 euro deposit refundable upon return of the key
- Address: Verkiu st. 29, Ogmios miestas, Vilnius
- Opening hours: Mon- Thu 12:00- 22:00/Fri-Sun 10:00-22:00
- More info: www.skypark.lt
3. UNO PARK VILNIUS
How about some treetop climbing? Uno Park Vilnius is a great place for families.
The good thing about it is that you can go even if you don’t have a head for heights, because there are routes of various difficulty/height levels to suit everyone.
My daughter is too young to climb treetops, however there are routes designed for children and a little playground. I’m not a huge fan of heights so I was totally content to join Thea in a long labyrinth between the trees ~ 2 m above the ground.
Overall a great outdoor activity in nature which we highly recommend.
P.S. For adrenaline seekers- go for a 401 meters long flight from a tree top across the river!
Know before you go to Uno parks:
- More info: www.unoparks.lt
- There are four Uno parks in Lithuania located in Vilnius, Kaunas, Šiauliai and Druskininkai.
- Opening hours vary depending on season so check before going.
4. ADVENTICA PLAYGROUND @ OZAS SHOPPING MALL
There is this massive shopping mall called Ozas in Vilnius. You can easily get lost there and that’s what happened to me the other day. However it turned out well because I stumbled upon this huuuge indoor playground for kids.
I took my daughter there the same evening because we like to explore new places and she loved it. Why? Because there are so many exciting things for kids to do that I don’t even know what to begin with.
I guess for her the highlight was driving the cars, but she also spent lots of of time on the slides, jumping on trampolines and climbing a giant maze like structure.
Unfortunately it is not that exciting for parents. They do have an area for adults with sofas and a tiny bar with some sugar loaded snacks, but other than that there is not much to do.
Unlike me Thea loved everything about this indoor playground. What I didn’t like were the air conditioners. Yes it’s good to have them on, but it was just too cold.
There also were many older kids running around as if being chased by invisible monsters, but obviously this happens in most of the playgrounds.
Overall I do recommend checking it out. It’s great for active children for sure!
Know before you go:
- No shoes, no bare feet- everyone must wear socks.
- Chilly, bring a sweater.
- Some of the activities, such as driving the cars are to be paid extra. You have to buy the coins at the counter (1 coin= 1 euro) and insert them into the vehicles. 1 coin allows around 5 min driving time.
- More information and admission: www.adventica.lt
5. ‘KAKES MAKES PASAULIS’ INDOOR PLAYGROUND
This indoor playground is located in Akropolis shopping mall. Kake Make is a popular character from children’s books and this playground is aimed at kids who are 3-10 years old.
What I liked about it the most- it was empty both times we went there! It is not super big, however plenty of activities to keep kids entertained. For example my daughter loved the obstacle course and the giant slide. The maze like net structure with the pool of balls also offers lots of fun.
There is a pretend play coffee shop called ‘Monsters’ Cafe’ which my daughter loved. She seriously enjoyed cooking and baking and I couldn’t get her to leave.
Overall it was fun, especially if your kids know what Kake Make and other characters are.
Know before you go:
- No shoes in the playground. Colourful Kake Make themed socks are available for purchase. We did buy a pair and Thea loves them.
- More information (in Lithuanian) www.kakesmakespasaulis.lt
- They host birthday parties!
- Location: Akropolis shopping mall, 2nd storey next to Pegasas bookstore. Ozo st. 25, Vilnius
Have active fun and if you know other great places in Vilnius for active kids let me know in the comments below!
Follow us on Instagram (@raising_little_travellers) for more fun things to do and places to go to with children in Vilnius, Singapore and Australia. (Places in India coming up in 2021)
TOURS AND ACTIVITIES IN VILNIUS AND BEYOND
*If you purchase admission tickets via the above links I might earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you so much!